The 21st century has seen many advances in the fields of sciences and one notable evident is the role of computer sciences. The ever-emerging technologies have deeply affected our world and have made life so very different from what had been not very long ago. This field as a career choice is very gratifying and will always be in demand as new technologies are developed all the time. It includes studying computers and related information and then also creating new technologies.
National University of Singapore
It is one of Asia’s top academic institutes, prides itself in its research facilities. It is a highly prestigious institute and its students excel in academics.it offers many courses and all are taught with the utmost care and attention to learning making it effective.
Courses: There are many informatics related courses offered to choose from-
· Undergraduate courses: Computer science, Information systems, Computer engineering, Information security and more.
· Masters’- computer sciences, information systems, Infocomm security, artificial intelligence, business analytics, general track
· Ph.D.- computer science, information systems, MSc and Ph.D. by research
Requirements: completed high school with good grades in 5 subjects and English included, co-curricular and academic achievements will also help admission, passed in mathematics in high school; students can submit ACT, SAT, etc. scores.
Fees: Undergraduate course fees are around 20 lakh INR, masters’ course fees are around 19 lakh INR.
Nanyang Technological University
This is also a very high ranking institute and has a beautiful campus. There are many clubs for students to join for extra-curricular activities. There are 2 campuses and are very clean providing a charming learning environment.
Bachelors’ of engineering, computer sciences: students will learn computer science, engineering and application of technology.
Masters’ degree: it is a 1-year course that includes theoretical and practical knowledge of computer science.
Fees: the bachelors’ course costs about 17 lakh INR.
Masters of Science, informatics has fees of about 20 lakh INR
For bachelors’ degree-
· Completed high school with a total of 90% marks in English
· Science and mathematics are required
· English proficiency (TOEFL /IELTS)
· Other academic qualifications such as Olympiads will be considered and help admission.
· Above requirements should be met
· Bachelors’ degree in computer sciences or related to the field.