Need expert advice?
Feel like you need detailed guidance for further study options?
The USA has become a dwelling of opportunities. Those opportunities can either be related to studies or jobs. The culture of America has become domineering over the world. The name of an American university in your graduation certificate or the name of any American company in your resume can intensify your career prospects in any other country. This is the thing that will make you odd one out from other candidates. It shows that you are doing something that is out of your comfort zone, something very different.
America has offices of all those big companies that are making splendid moves in worldwide industries. Even an internship with any big name in the USA can take your life into another dimension.
But the big question arises: what do you want to do after graduating from an American university? You have three options available.
1. Work in the USA
2. Pursue Master degree
3. Return to your home country
1. WORK IN USA
After completing your graduation, if you want to find a job you must obtain a visa permit to legally be eligible for a job. But there are numerous types of visas available for those international students who are interested in working in any company in the USA. Temporary work visas, exchange worker visas, and seasonal work visas are some types. So first of all, you have to decide the type of job in which you want to get employed. There are different types of visas according to the nature of the work. Here is a list of those visas along with the nature of the occupation for which they are issued.
1. E1 and E2 visa for investors and traders
2. H1B visa permit for special occupations
3. H2B Visa permit for non- agricultural works
4. EB-1 Visa permit for excellent researchers and professors.
5. EB-2 Visa permit for professional holding advanced degree
6. EB-3 Visa permit for skilled and unskilled workers
7. EB-4 Visa permit for some special immigrants
Documents required for US WORK PERMIT:
1. Civil Documents of the candidate
2. Two 2x2 photographs of the candidate
3. Passport whose validity is extended for 60 days beyond the expiration date printed on an immigrant visa.
4. medical examination report
5. Immigrant visa, DS-260 form, and Alien registration application.
2. PURSUE MASTER DEGREE
The USA has a plethora of opportunities to offer you as an international postgraduate. There are a total of 4,360 universities in the USA and only 1700 of them are offering postgraduate courses out of which Harvard University is oldest. Like India, a master's degree in the USA also takes two years of full-time study to complete. Postgraduate courses and PhDs are very organized and well researched. Over 90,000 Indian students are pursuing Master's degrees or Ph.D. in the USA.
3. RETURN TO YOUR HOME COUNTRY
An overseas degree will award you international experience which makes you exclusive among others. It also opens the doors to networking opportunities. But in India, the companies will see you as another fresher just like other freshers. They will offer you the same salary which they are offering unless you have some industry skills which other candidates do not have. Once you certify them that you have required industry skills, then you can expect higher pay. So, if you want to gain recognition in your own country, then you should go for higher studies abroad.