Need expert advice?
Feel like you need detailed guidance for further study options?
Planning to study abroad? Not sure about where to start? Some people have a lot of support in guidance from their parents, teachers or acquaintances but some people are totally in extreme circumstances without any assistance. So here is a guide for those people on how you can start and make decisions.
Studying abroad is a big decision for everyone’s life involving a huge investment of money and time. You should think critically and logically while deciding everything to be on the safer side. So, your foremost decision should be determining your budget and then, selecting a perfect study destination according to your suitability.
Best destinations to study abroad for Indian students in 2021
From making memories to building your career in the best possible way, you have much to do abroad while studying. Your decision of selecting the country should be an ideal one. According to the data available on various sources, the top six countries which are more likely to be suitable for Indian students in every aspect are:
- United Kingdom
Cost Of Studying Abroad for Indian Students
The selection of the country revolves around many factors but the prime factors that rule out your decision are the quality standards of education in that country and the cost of studying in that country. Here is the average living cost of studying in the top six countries which are most suitable for Indian students.
- If you want to study in UK, then the average living costs will be £12,180 per year.
- If you are interested to study in Canada, then the average living and studying costs will vary between $20,000 and $30,000, in Canadian dollars, per year.
- If you want to study in Germany, then the average living costs will be 850 Euros per year.
- If you want to study in Australia, then the average living costs will vary between 1400 and 2500 in Australian dollars, per month.
- If you wish to study in Italy, then the average living costs will vary between 550 and 800 in Euros, per month.
- If you are interested to study in USA, then the average living and studying costs will vary between $10,000 and $20,000, per year.
10 Important Things Indian Students Should Know When Planning to Study Abroad
- You should do intensive research about the country, course and the university in which you are going to take admission. Check about everything from official websites to get more reliable information.
- While boarding for your study destination, check whether you have taken all relevant documents and visa or not. Check this twice or thrice as without these documents, visiting the country is of no use, just wastage of money and time.
- Contact agencies or university for your accommodation in the host country in advance to avoid the hassle. They can help you in giving the actual view of cost also that you are going to bear.
- Get a bank account open in the country in which you are going for your studies. This way, you can keep your money safe and also pay bills and expenses.
- Prepare yourself according to the culture and environment of the country. Research about those things which you can’t find in that country so that you can take them from your country.
- You will need a new SIM for international calling which is a necessity. The other alternatives are to use Skype or Viber, but still, you need an internet connection.
- For travelling concessions, always keep your student identity card handy. Also, you can get some concessions (if any) while shopping grocery or other necessary items.
- Always prefer to take public transport for travelling as it is economical when you are living in another nation.
- Learn the emergency numbers of the host country as you are new to that place. You might need them anytime.
- Check work opportunities and requirements on the internet beforehand. So that if you get any opportunity to work along with your education, you can do so and gain experience.
International Scholarships for Indian Students
There is a number of options available to finance your study abroad. One of the most popular options is scholarships. There are several international scholarships available for Indian students. They are:
- Tata Scholarship- Cornell University, USA
- Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship- UK
- Chevening Scholarships- UK
- Felix Scholarships- UK
- Fulbright-Nehru Fellowships- USA
- UBC International Leader of Tomorrow Award- British Columbia University, Canada
- Australia Awards Scholarship
- Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation Scholarships- the USA, UK and Europe
- Melbourne - India PG Scholarship - Australia
- Australian Embassy Fully Funded Scholarships