Need expert advice?
Feel like you need detailed guidance for further study options?
Have you ever wondered why you want to brush up your skills? What will you do with your skillset? You will say, I will look for jobs and start earning. But are these short term courses associated with any kind of jobs or employment opportunities? No doubt demand for online courses is progressively expanding in our country but students are not faithful about the employment opportunities after these courses. People who are not able to spend ample time on regular courses or who are involved in any part-time work generally opt for these short term skills courses. Education is like a personal investment. After investing 10-15 years of your life, you expect a return on investment (ROI). That ROI is directly related to your skills. If your skills are excellent and in demand, then you will get multiple job opportunities and therefore, your ROI will be higher.
DEB ACCREDITED ONLINE COURSES AND GOVERNMENT JOBS
Distance Education Bureau (DEB) under UGC has established its guidelines in which it is stated that the online courses which are accredited by DEB are henceforth recognized for employment to the posts under the Indian Government.
DISTANCE EDUCATION FOR FRESHERS OR PROFESSIONALS
Companies encourage their workers to take up some skills specializations through online certifications so as to work with a broad skill set. So, it is seen that distance education lets existing employees get promotions and better careers through the acquisition of more skills. While a fresher with an online degree has very less chances of getting hired by top-notch companies. The trend shows that most of the online courses candidates are employed professionals who want an increment in their careers through skill enhancement.
PLACEMENT CELL OF DISTANCE LEARNING UNIVERSITIES
Many universities have started offering distance education in various disciplines. Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) is the only national university in India for quality distance education. These universities have well-developed placement cell for their students so as to get placed in reputed companies, government organizations, NGOs, etc. These placement cells make students believe that even though their education is online, still they have enough employment opportunities. This definitely makes distance education worthy as a career prospect.
TOP COURSES TO GET PART-TIME OR FULL-TIME JOBS QUICKLY
- Digital Marketing: Marketing has become an essential of every product right in the market. Due to the accretion in digital operations, digital marketing has emerged as a most sought course.
- Content writing: I believe that content writing is something that is a demand for every field and every business. You need to brush up your writing skills in order to land in top-notch jobs in this field.
- Blogging courses: Blogs are very popular nowadays. You can work as a freelancer, consulting service, or for your own venture.
- Graphic Designing: Brands and businesses are trying their best to stand out of the crowd by making their graphics more alluring. Be it social media or e-commerce, graphics play a major role in driving your business.
- SEO courses: SEO is all about optimizing sites in the eyes of consumers and they rank well on the search engines. During interviews, a question on SEO is generally asked.