Need expert advice?
Feel like you need detailed guidance for further study options?
The food industry of today is highly dependent on food technology, which deals with processing, preserving, packaging, nutrition, and many other factors. All food used has in some way been subjected to some scientific processes to ensure quality and nutrition, and hence food technology is a rising and incredibly important industry. It combines biology, chemistry, and technological sciences. Studying this will bring about many varying professional prospects such as nutritionist, food scientist or even working with MNC’s.Auckland University of technology
The globally accredited institute teaches students to think out of the box and approach problems with innovative solutions. The institute teaches students from all around the world and offers them world-class facilities and experienced staff to learn theoretical and practical knowledge.
1. Bachelors’ in science, food science major: 3-year course, studying food chemistry, microbiology, technology, biophysics, and other related topics to ensure a firm foundation in food science, research work
2. Bachelors’ in advanced science (honors), specialization in food science: 4-year course,
3. Master in science, food science: 1-year course, research project completion, and advanced learning
4. Postgraduate diploma in science, specialization in food science: 1-year course, course –work based
5. Graduate Diploma in food science- 1-year course
Fee: bachelors’ degree for about $35000
Masters’ course fees are around $55000
Postgraduate course fees are around $18500
1. For bachelors’ course-English proficiency (IELTS 6 score) , Minimum 75% average of 4 subjects in grade 12
2. For bachelors’ in advanced science- a minimum of 1 year completed in bachelors’ degree
3. For the masters’ course- bachelors’ of science or graduate diploma in science
4. For postgraduate diploma – bachelor of science or graduate diploma needed
5. For graduate diploma- bachelors’ degree or any other professional degree
Mathematics and science subjects will be useful
Lincoln University is highly reputed for its agriculture-related fields. It is gaining amongst international students, with its vibrant student life and helpful facilities and faculty. The institute also has a high placement rate.
Undergraduate course: $18000
Graduate studies: $18500
Bachelors of Science, food science major - Teaches students a context-based course to have firm basics. Students will be taught:
Customer-focused innovative products & more
There are other courses such as masters of agricultural science/applied science/horticultural science,
CBSE board completed 12th grade with 75% grades and 60% in English
Or 1 year in the recognized institute with a 50 % minimum
English proficiency (IELTS/TOEFL)