The United Kingdom is considered to be one of the world’s most popular country for pursuing higher education, with around approximately 500,000 international students enrolling per annum. UK is one of the world’s leading country for many international students, USA is the first. The universities in UK are one of the best in the world and it has a good world ranking. Besides they have a world-class research reputation also. All the higher education degrees and qualifications obtained from UK are recognized by employers and academics all around the globe. International Students also get the opportunity to establish the skills, knowledge and critical thinking, as well as connections so as to drive forward in their respective careers.
Also various High quality postgraduate study opportunities are available at most the universities in UK with mostly universities offering sponsorship that is extendable up to Tier 4 visas. The United Kingdom welcomes approximately 270,000 International students per annum and offering them world-class education and a great place to live and study, which makes student ready for the global workplace to work with.
Choosing UK for higher education
Studying in Universities in UK is a good way to expand your knowledge and also while meeting new people, learn different cultures and experience a new culture as well as enjoy new experiences. International students will get a good support at universities along with a chance to experience an awesome student lifestyle. Different people have different interests so UK offers huge range of clubs and societies which offers diverse social life.UK provides to choose from over 50,000 courses, in different aspects and in around 25 subject areas. Such courses are comparatively shorter than other countries in the world. So it helps to reduce the overall tuition fees as well as accommodation costs for students. It also have a flexible system as students can work while studying too. All information regarding visa is available on UK visas and immediately (UKVI) and on the UK council of international students affairs (UKCISA).
- The United Kingdom is great place to live and study it has England, Northern Ireland, Wales and Scotland. Which of these countries have large distinct regions as well as they offer large Cosmopolitan cities and towns and countryside villages. Besides UK had a multicultural society, with different rich diversity in cultures, languages as well as faiths. Different recharge of varied cuisine, strong transport links, popular music festivals and also International sports championships.
- International students should know following points about studying in UK, which makes it ideal than all the other countries. These are as follows:--
- UK has around 395 universities and colleges which offers over 50,000 undergraduate-level higher education courses all around the country. In UK higher education applications are made via UCAS.
- There are different kinds of deadlines for applying for various courses and for different universities. International students take a look at the main dates and also deadlines relevant to courses, according to their interests.
- Depending upon the Universities and colleges and also on the courses students choose, students will need to pay tuition fees. Different kinds of financial for the tuition fees and scholarships are available to help International students. However, EU students are not subject to tuition fees in Scotland. Also the amount of money they will need to cover living costs will vary based on where the students are studying. Though London and similar other large cities tend to be more costly.
- All international students first need to apply for a visa to study in the UK. There are also work permit restrictions along with few English language qualifications one should be aware of. All Universities advise the applicants about the standard of English that is required for their courses. In fact many course providers will ask you to demonstrate their proficiency in English or to take an approved English language test, if English is not their first language.
The visa process in the UK
In the UK,A full-time student visa is called the Tier 4 (general) student visa. Due to the tightening of visa rules over the recent years, getting a British student visa is more tough than before. In order to get visa, following rules apply-
- It is granted only for a full-time study programs.
- If the Students are applying for a diploma course, the length of the visa would be three years.
- If the students are applying for a degree from a university then the length of the visa would be four years.
- The total cost is around £348 to apply for this visa. The international students will be required to pay an additional amount of £348 for the dependent visa, per dependent.
- Besides the international students, may or may not be called to the consulate to appear for a personal interview
- The international students, may or may not be allowed to work part-time during your studies, it depends on individual cases. The two types of work that International Students are allowed to do are as follows
- Part-time :- Up to 20 hours a week in during term, and full time during vacations (only on-campus)
- Full-time:- work placements which are part of a 'sandwich course’
Numerous Employment Opportunities in the UK and Ireland
Need expert advice?
Feel like you need detailed guidance for further study options?
The Top jobs are corporate managers, directors, mechanical engineers, aircraft pilots, nurses, etc.
- Permanent Residency Opportunities in the UK
Due to changes in government and legal policies over the years, immigrating to the UK is deemed really difficult as the UK government has taken a lot of measures to delist “bogus” colleges and limiting non-EU migration. Also if the international students are staying back in the UK on Student or Work visa, then in most cases they will be requiring to leave the country.
- What it is like to work in the United Kingdom
UK has the sixth largest economy in the world as well as various international business hubs and it is also the perfect place for fresh graduates to start their careers along with Discovering how to join the 32 million people currently working in UK. As the country's unemployment rate currently stands at a relatively low 4% and also the graduate labor market remains robust and by some measures is as strong as it has been for some time. For fresh graduates, the Competition for graduate jobs is fierce but candidates with the right qualifications as well as skills along with experience stand a good chance of employment. Besides also Language skills are increasingly important as it makes many foreign nationals relevant candidates. Also The UK has many international communities, so as a foreign worker will be in good company. Along With the UK's diverse job sectors, good working conditions as well as numerous employment opportunities. It is a popular destination for international students wanting to kick start their careers.
Jobs in the UK
The United Kingdom is highly globalized, that is the job market is quite competitive. Following are the Major industries in the UK
- accounting, banking and finance.
- recruitment and HR
Thus, the services sector dominates the UK economy with banking, insurance and business services all key drivers of the country's growth. Besides important other industries includes metals, chemicals, aerospace, shipbuilding, motor vehicles, food processing, textiles and clothing, design, the arts as well as electronic and communications equipment. Also In recent years there has been a decrease in the manufacturing industry, though it is essential to note that this sector still employs a large number of workers.
Fresh Graduate schemes are available at most of the UK's large and multinational companies, in numerous sectors as follows
Also According to The Guardian UK 300 2019/20, the most popular graduate employers comprised of Google, Cancer Research UK, Amazon, MI6 as well as GlaxoSmithKline.
Look for job vacancies at
- Graduate job search :- for the latest graduate schemes, placements and jobs.
- Guardian Jobs :- national news site advertising UK and international jobs.
- Indeed :- Job site listing vacancies throughout the UK In- fresh graduate s apply for most jobs online by sending a short CV and cover letter or by filling out an application form.
The United Kingdom has some of the most assorted and wide-spread academic options, so it is an ideal location for somebody with unique interests who will most likely be unable to discover their area of study elsewhere. Also Studying in London will give International students a common experience, not only one of a single specific culture but also it is a great place for somebody who truly needs to grow their points of view.